Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Headstone

This question just pop out of my mind while i was on my way to work.

What would i write in my headstone?

I remembered when i was still a kid, my friend and i found a very old graveyard, while exploring uncharted areas in my hometown. We knew it was a graveyard since we found a lot of headstones, some were broken and scattered all over the place. It was eerie, realizing there were corpses buried in that place. We read some of the headstones wanting to find who these people were. Some headstones were written with their full name, date of birth, and date of death. Some were just names and dates. Some were young, others were old. There were family headstones too. As we scoured the headstones, I questioned myself. Who were these people and how did they live their life?

As i reminisce that time, I wouldn't want my headstone to be just like that. It is somewhat like, plain and boring. I think it was a good point to ask myself those question. What would i write in my headstone? How would i like everyone to remember me? And so, partly, my headstone will be.


Roel Cordero Cariazo
"A Man with a good heart who conquered LIFE and live it to the fullest."


What would you like to be on your headstone? :-)

0 comments: